Instructional Design Specialists (IDS's) at each campus provide support to faculty through consultations, training and resource sharing. The IDS at New Kensington is Deborah Sillman, who can be contacted through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone (724-334-6092).
Instructional Design Resources
- ID Resources at Penn State New Kensington- Instructional design resources
- Teaching and Learning with Technology- Tools and ideas to help integrate technology into your class.
- Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence- Support for faculty and links to many learning tools
- Schreyer Institute syllabus resources- Samples, tutorials, checklists for writing your syllabus
- Plagiarism detection and prevention resources- Guides and tutorials for faculty and students
- Copyright Perspectives- Covers many aspects of copyright, including Fair Use, Creative Commons, Teach Act.
- Unique Resources for Copyright Education - a great site from the Association of College and Research Libraries
Teaching with Technology - Training Resources
- IDS Technology handouts- Specific instructions for Angel, blogging, ePortfolios, multimedia, etc.
- "lynda.com" at Penn State- Video tutorials on any and all technology topics.
- ITS Training Services - Technology training available from University Park
- Media Commons - Everything you need to create rich multimedia content.
- Media Commons Faculty Resources - benefits of media projects
- Web Learning @ Penn State - a collection of resources for both blended and online course delivery.
- John A. Dutton e-Education Institute Faculty Development - excellent introductory materials
- Open Courses from CourseSites - free courses about designing and teaching online and blended courses.
- eLearning at Penn State Harrisburg - resources from the Faculty Center at Penn State Harrisburg
- Hybrid Course Resources from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
- Learning Online - Are you Ready? - an online tutorial for students from Penn State's iStudy for Success
- Conquering the Content Workbook - an online workbook style version of the excellent book Conquering the Content: a step-by-step guide to online course design by Robin Smith (this book is available in Blissell Library)
- Outreach Faculty Development - courses on teaching online from Penn State Outreach (primarily aimed at World Campus faculty, but resources available to all).
- Online Teaching Guide - from Duke University School of Nursing - a " user-friendly and practical tool to assist faculty in planning and implementing online courses"