If you have any questions about this process, including the timeline, please contact our Office of Admissions at 724-334-5466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Apply
1. Create a MyPennState account
Other MyPennState perks: applicants who receive an offer of admission and decide to attend Penn State typically use the same ID to access many services on campus when they are a student, like checking email, scheduling classes and using computers on campus.
Please note that in order to submit an application, you will need to pay a non-refundable application fee of $65.
Exceptions to the requirement to pay the application fee:
- If you have visited campus before submitting your application.
- If you have signed a Letter of Intent--and meet the criteria.
- If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa.
- If you are financially eligible to have the application fee waived.
If you meet any of these exceptions, first complete the online application without clicking “submit.” Then contact one of our Admissions Counselor at 724-334-LION for further information about fee waivers. (Fee waivers cannot be applied to an application if it is already submitted.)
2. Complete and submit the application
The following materials are required for all adult learner and military/veteran student applications:
- Application and the non-refundable $65 application fee. (See exceptions to the application fee in Step 1)
- Official high school record (and/or GED, if applicable), as well as official transcripts from any post-secondary institution where coursework was attempted.
- First-year Applicants: First-year applicants will be asked to complete a Self-reported Academic Record (SRAR) as part of the application process.
- Transfer Applicants: High school transcripts and GED transcripts (if applicable) are required for all transfer applicants, with the following exception: If you are an adult learner and have completed 18 or more credits at a regionally accredited university, you may be considered for admission without a high school transcript by confirming your graduation from high school.
- High school transcripts and GED transcripts are required of all transfer students accepting offers of admission to Penn State for Summer/Fall. Transcripts must be received by July 1. No high school or GED transcripts are required at the time of application for any Summer/Fall applicant.
Your application will be complete after all these materials are received. You can check the status of your application and obtain all your latest Penn State updates by logging into your MyPennState account.