Penn State New Kensington provides child care assistance to qualified full-time and part-time students who are in need of this service to attend college. Students with preschool age children are encouraged to apply for a stipend for child care assistance. You must be enrolled at Penn State New Kensington in order to receive this service.
Students are encouraged to pick up a Child Care Assistance request form if they are interested in enrolling in the program. Please contact the Student Affairs Office at 724-334-6062 if you have additional questions or feel free to stop by the office.
- Student must be enrolled full-time or part-time at Penn State New Kensington.
- Students must apply for financial aid and must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Verification must be made with the Student Aid Office for the amount of unmet financial need.
- Students will receive a child care stipend in the amount of 25 percent of the total cost of child care, not to exceed $300 per semester.
- The University will make payments directly to the child care facility.
- Unless a student’s credit load or financial need changes, students receiving subsidies during the fall semester will generally be eligible to receive benefits during the spring semester of the same academic year. Notification of the intent to continue is required by the last day of classes of the fall semester. Notification must be made to Theresa Bonk, Director of Student Affairs, 724-334-6061, email@example.com
- FAILURE to use the money for child care or withdrawal from the University will result in revocation of this agreement and payment in full to the fund will be required.
- Please visit the Office of Student Affairs to request a Child Care Assistance form.
- The Office of Human Resources implements the Student Parent Child Care Subsidy Program at all Penn State campus locations. Visit http://ohr.psu.edu/child-care-subsidy/ for more information about this program.