Steps to enrolling in the Radiological Sciences program
Thanks for your interest in the Radiological Sciences Program at Penn State New Kensington. The process for applying to our program is described below.
If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the clinical coordinator, Marcia Curler, at 724-334-6722.
- Fill out the Undergraduate Application to Penn State
- Indicate "Radiological Sciences" as Choice of Major
- Select "New Kensington" as both your first choice campus and ending campus
- Upon receiving your acceptance letter from Penn State, contact Marcia Curler (724-334-6722) to complete the following additional admission requirements:
- Watch the mandatory informational session. After watching the session, you will be directed to fill out a form that will show proof of viewing.
- Shadowing at either West Penn Hospital, Allegheny General Hospital, Forbes Regional Hospital, UPMC St. Margaret or Butler Memorial Hospital.
- Review the RADSC FAQ sheet.
- Sign up for the mandatory New Student Orientation on June 18, 2024. Make sure to check your Penn State email for instructions on registering. This is a mandatory NSO and will include the campus NSO and the Radiological Sciences NSO all in the same day!
- Complete Penn State ALEKS placement testing if applicable.
- Purchase package for student records management through Castlebranch (Pricing is determined by company and is separate from Penn State fees and financial aid awards). Follow instructions to complete background checks and specific clinical requirements. Drug testing will also be required. Please note about routine drug testing - 10 panel plus Ecstasy (urine) no sooner than 2 weeks prior to starting clinical rotations will be required and scheduled during orientation for the program.
- Complete Radiological Sciences physical form (pdf) and Penn State online health history form
- Annual influenza vaccinations must be completed in the Fall semester of each year per clinical site requirements. Upload the documentation to Castlebranch.
- Purchase liability insurance through a provider of your choice. To avoid unnecessary expense, indicate September 1 as the policy effective date. (Liability insurance will need to be renewed annually).