Who Should Apply?
Any student interested in being considered for loans, grants, scholarships, or work-study. Only United States citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply for financial aid.
How Should You Apply?
- Apply to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for federal and state aid consideration. Our Pennsylvania State University federal ID number is 003329.
- Complete the state grant application at http://www.pheaa.org/, if you are a Pennsylvania residents.
- More specific information for transfer students is available.
When Should You Apply?
First-year and Transfer students (applying for fall semester) should submit the FAFSA by December 1 for maximum consideration of student aid programs. Submitting the FAFSA by the recommended date ensures that Pennsylvania residents meet the PHEAA state grant deadline of May 1.
Current students should submit a FAFSA renewal by March 15.
Mid-year Transfer students (applying for spring or summer semester) should add Penn State to their FAFSA at the time they submit their application for admission.
Why Should You Apply?
- It helps determine a student's eligibility for grants and aid for all income levels!
- It opens up opportunities for special scholarships that our campus can award to our New Kensington students!
- You are offered federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans and can apply for Parent Plus Loans, which can be very affordable alternatives to other types of loans!
- Why You should Fill Out the FAFSA (even if you think it's a waste of time)
For additional information