A New Beginning at Penn State New Kensington
We recognize that students transfer for a number of different reasons. At Penn State New Kensington we value each one of our students and welcome them into the Penn State family. Here, you will experience an individualized education while reaping the benefits of a 726,000 living alumni network.
If you’re considering transferring to Penn State from your current college or university, we’re here to help! To explore your options at Penn State New Kensington please reach out our admissions department, 724-334-5466.
Are You A Transfer Student?
- Have earned a high school diploma or a GED
- Are in good academic standing at your previous college(s)
- Have attempted or will have attempted 18 or more semester hours of college course work at a regionally accredited college/university before enrolling at Penn State
- Please note: Transfer status is based on credits earned after high school graduation.
Eligible students can transfer into one of the majors at the New Kensington campus or complete requirement courses before transitioning to University Park or another Penn State campus to complete their degree. For additional information and next steps, visit https://admissions.psu.edu/info/future/transfer/.
What We Offer
- Average class sizes of 15
- One-on-one interaction with faculty
- 11 baccalaureate degrees and four associate degrees
- Relationship-orientated campus environment
- Just 17 miles from Pittsburgh
- World-class, affordable education with brand recognition
- An exceptional academic experience combined with a safe, personal environment
To see how your credits will transfer into Penn State please visit, Evaluate Transfer Credits Online
How to become a Penn Stater
- Create a MyPennState profile. Note: If you schedule an appointment with an admissions counselor, we’ll waive the $65 application fee.
- Fill out the application in your MyPennState profile.
- Review your MyPennState checklist for prompts to ensure all required supporting materials have been received. These may include: official final high school transcript, GED, college transcript, or DD 214, as well as SAT or ACT scores, if applicable. These may be mailed or faxed to our office. Once all materials have been received, your application will be considered complete.
- After receiving your offer of admission, pay the $230 registration fee.
- Congratulations! You’re officially a Penn Stater. Check your email regularly for information about your next steps.
Save thousands of dollars by transferring to Penn State New Kensington
Students who enroll at Pennsylvania community colleges and transfer to Penn State New Kensington or another commonwealth campus can earn a baccalaureate degree at considerable savings.
You can save thousands of dollars in tuition by enrolling at one of Penn State’s nineteen commonwealth campuses instead of at Penn State University Park. And by adding a RaiseMe Transfer Award , you can earn up to $7,000 more over two years of enrollment at Penn State.
The best part is you can start earning your Penn State RaiseMe transfer scholarship while you are working toward graduation at a community college. Earn micro-scholarships for things you’re already doing, such as getting good grades, participating in co-curricular activities, and volunteering in your community. When you transfer to Penn State, your micro-scholarships will be converted to a Penn State scholarship!
To schedule an appointment to meet with an admission counselor who specializes in assisting transfer students or to arrange a tour, please contact us:
- Phone: 724-334-5466
- Email: [email protected]
- Please remember to bring your unofficial transcripts with you to this appointment!