Penn State New Kensington and its Digital Foundry at New Kensington are pleased to introduce a brand new Digital Manufacturing Professional certificate program. This Level 3 program is perfect for current professionals (technical managers, engineers, specialists) with technical background/experience or education in engineering, manufacturing and data/information technology, as well as responsibility for advancement of product or service development in manufacturing.
Participants will learn by doing through hands-on demonstrations and understand practical applications through success stories from industry users and experts.
Those who complete all four modules (shown below) will earn a Digital Manufacturing Professional Certificate from Penn State, which is also recognized for Professional Engineering (PE) certification.
Upon successful completion of individual modules, certificates of completion will also be awarded. This is a CESMII-approved training.
- Understand Smart Manufacturing concepts and benefits
- Identify and visualize production data
- Explore IIoT technologies and processes
- Review IIoT sensors and data applications
- Analyze production data
- Develop machine learning techniques and models
- Recognize, develop and use digital twins for optimization, monitoring and processes
Participants can choose to complete only the on-line introduction to Smart Manufacturing Essentials, module I, or complete all four modules for in-depth understanding and certification.
Module 1 - Smart Manufacturing Essentials
- Dates: December 20-22, 2022 (virtual)
- Times: 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. - live via virtual classroom
- Cost: $200 (for Module 1 only)
- Register online
]A certificate of completion is awarded upon completion.
Those who attend Module 1 and would like to then register for Modules 2-4 will receive a discount code to subtract the cost of module 1 from registration of the full course (all modules).
All Modules (Module 1 virtual; Modules 2-4 in-person)
Module 1 (See Above)
- Dates: January 3-6, 2023
- Location: In-person at the Digital Foundry at New Kensington (855 Fifth Avenue, New Kensington, PA 15068)
- Times: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
- Cost: $2,500 (for all Modules; in-person classes for Modules 2-4 include lunch)
- Register online
Those who complete all four modules will earn a Digital Manufacturing Professional Certificate from Penn State, which is also recognized for Professional Engineering (PE) certification.
For more information, please contact Steve Leonard, Program Manager at the Digital Foundry at New Kensington, at [email protected] or 412-759-3113.