Each year, students transfer to 275+ programs across 20 Penn state campuses.
DATES AND DEADLINES
The first step of the application process is to create a MyPennState profile if you do not have one already. This will allow you to access the online application.
A MyPennState perk: applicants who receive an offer of admission and decide to attend Penn State typically use the same ID to access many services on campus when they are a student, like checking email, scheduling classes and using computers on campus.
While you can create a MyPennState profile at any time, we recommend submitting your application by:
- Fall Admission: April 15 for priority filing or by July 31
- Spring Admission: November 1 for priority filing or by November 30
- Summer Admission: March 1 for priority filing or by June 1
If you are currently enrolled in college courses, we recommend that you do not wait until the conclusion of your courses to begin your application process.
- Click Apply Online to start your Penn State application. Before starting, you can also review the Applying Online Worksheet for more details and helpful hints about the application.
- Your application work can be saved at each step of the process by clicking the Save and Continue button at the bottom of the page. This feature will allow you to move back and forth within the application or log off and return to complete your application at a later time.
- After completing your profile information, you will need to provide your academic history. This section will focus on your high school/secondary school course work, as well as any college coursework you have taken and in which you are currently enrolled (if applicable). Please note: Failure to list all colleges attended may result in cancellation of your application or offer of admission.
- After this section, you will need to complete the Program of Study portion. Here, you will indicate your desired starting semester, your intended program of study, and your starting and ending campus.
- Some programs are not open to transfer students, have application deadlines, limited enrollment or other requirements determined by the academic department. For further details on campus and/or program requirements please see the transfer admission requirements and the transfer eligibility sections.
- Some students transfer to New Kensington associate or bachelor degrees, and some students transfer to Penn State New Kensington and then transition to University Park or another Penn State campus to complete their Penn State degrees.
- After this portion, you will provide some additional application information. You will be able to paste in this information from other sources, but note that the formatting may not always paste in as intended. NOTE: Transfer students are not required to complete the “personal statement.”
The application requires a nonrefundable application fee of $65 for domestic students and $75 for international students.
Be sure to complete the last step after "Summary and Review," which finalizes payment of your fee, and be certain it is successfully submitted.
Once the application is submitted, you can verify its completion by accessing your MyPennState profile.
Exceptions to the requirement to pay the application fee:
- If you have visited campus before submitting your application.
- If you have signed a Letter of Intent--and meet the criteria.
- If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa.
- If you are financially eligible to have the application fee waived.
If you meet any of these exceptions, first complete the online application without clicking “submit.” Then contact one of our Admissions Counselor at 724-334-LION for further information about fee waivers. (Fee waivers cannot be applied to an application if it is already submitted.)
Do not wait until you have completed the semester. Your application will not be evaluated until the Office of Admissions has received the application, your high school transcript and the transcript(s) from all of the colleges you have attended.
You may send transcripts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.