If you’re considering transferring to Penn State from your current college or university, we’re here to help! One of our admissions counselors can walk you through the process of applying to Penn State as a transfer student.
Students are eligible to transfer to Penn State New Kensington if they:
- Have earned a high school diploma or a GED
- Are in good academic standing at your previous college(s)
- Have attempted or will have attempted 18 or more semester hours of college course work at a regionally accredited college/university before enrolling at Penn State
Please note: Transfer status is based on credits earned after high school graduation.
Eligible students can transfer into one of the majors at the New Kensington campus or complete requirement courses before transitioning to University Park or another Penn State campus to complete their degree.
For additional information, please refer to the helpful navigation to learn about transferring course work, meeting program prerequisites, managing timelines, the admissions process and more.
To schedule an appointment to meet with an admission counselor who specializes in assisting transfer students or to arrange a tour, please contact us:
- Phone: 724-334-LION or 888-968-PAWS
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to bring your unofficial transcripts with you to this appointment!