Earn a Certificate in Bookkeeping and gain the skills needed to manage and measure a business's financial health. This program focuses on cash basis accounting, and the content taught is designed for small businesses. Use bookkeeping expertise to provide invaluable support to business owners or be able to knowledgeably outsource business finances to bookkeeping professionals.
Program Scope and Sequence
This program is delivered online and consists of three, self-paced courses that each run for sixteen hours over four weeks, for a total of forty-eight hours of instruction. Upon completion, students will earn a Penn State Certificate in Bookkeeping.
Who Should Attend
This program is appropriate for anyone who wants to get into the in-demand field of bookkeeping:
- People looking for a job change or promotion in the business field
- Business owners who want to hire and manage a bookkeeper
- Entrepreneurs who need to understand basic business accounting
- Students will gain an understanding of the accounting equation and each of the five categories involved in every business.
- Students will learn the difference between cash basis accounting and accrual basis accounting.
- Students will learn how to complete each phase of the accounting cycle, from analyzing a financial transaction to preparing financial statements and closing the books.