When parking your vehicle on the Penn State New Kensington campus, please abide by the following policies.  Vehicles found to be in violation of these regulations may be subjected to towing at the owner's expense. See the following PDF file for complete parking rules and regulations (PDF).

Parking Permit Registration

Parking permits are required for all parking spaces on campus. 

The procedures for obtaining parking passes are as follows:

  • Student Parking Permits
    Student parking is free of charge. To receive a valid parking permit a student must complete an online motor vehicle registration form in order to obtain a valid permit.  Permits for all vehicles, including motorcycles, must be renewed each August for the Fall and Spring semesters, and each May for Summer.  Parking permits can be picked up during the first 2 weeks of each semester in the main lobby of the Administration Building or at any other time in the office of the Public Safety Manager, ITC 033.  A valid PSU ID is required when picking up your permit. Students should fill out the following online form to register: Parking Registration form for Students

  • Faculty and Staff Parking Permits
    Faculty and staff must register their vehicles online every 3 years. Once the online registration form is completed, their free parking pass shall be available for pick up in the office of the Public Safety Manager, ITC 033, within 2 business days. A valid PSU ID is required when picking up your permit.  Faculty and Staff should fill out the following online form to register for parking: Parking Registration form for Faculty and Staff

  • Handicapped Parking Permits
    Handicapped permits can be obtained by submitting the proper forms to the Public Safety Manager.

  • Visitor Parking Permits
    Visitors must obtain a visitor parking permit from the Admissions office at no charge.  The Admissions office is open during regular business hours. 

Displaying Permits

Permits must be properly displayed as noted below. Exceptions must be approved by the Business and Finance office in advance.

  • Motorcycles – Permit should be affixed to right front fork, a plate attached to the crash bar located on either the right or left side just behind the front tire of your motorcycle, or on a plate attached to the license plate bracket.  The serial number should run vertically and be clearly visible.
  • Automobiles – Permit should be hung from the interior rearview mirror, facing forward. If there is no rearview mirror, contact the Business and Finance office.

Parking Spaces 

  • Parking in grassy areas is not permitted.
  • Any vehicle not parked in a designated legal space is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
  • Any vehicle parked along curbs or on sidewalks, hindering/damaging campus operations or property, or obstructing a roadway, a designated handicap space or the access aisle adjacent to it, or a reserved space is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
  • Parking is not permitted in Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) spaces without a state-issued handicap parking placard and a Penn State parking permit. The access aisle adjacent to the space is considered part of the space and will be enforced accordingly.
  • Reserved spaces are reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This includes holidays and times when the University is not in full operation.  Reserved spaces are indicated in red on the parking map.


Your vehicle may be towed for the following parking violations: 

  • Parking in a no parking zone
  • Parking in a service or loading area
  • Parking with no permit, or not properly displaying permit 
  • Parking in a fire zone
  • Parking in a reserved space  
  • Parking an unregistered vehicle
  • Parking outside lines
  • Parking in a handicapped space
  • Parking on grass, driveway, roadway

Accident and Vehicle Damage

Should an accident or vehicle damage occur on campus, please contact the Department of Police Services by dialing 724-334-6120. If an accident occurs off campus, please report the incident to the local police department by dialing 911.