The Computer Center hosts an HP DesignJet T830 Poster Printer for academic printing needs. Posters printed with this machine must adhere to the following:
- Academic/University use only - no personal posters can be printed.
- Posters must not contain copyright infringement or watermarked images.
The IT Service Desk requires a minimum of three business days of advance notice for each poster printing job. Please plan your job submissions accordingly.
Designing your poster:
- Review University Park's Visual & Editorial Standards.
- Open Microsoft Publisher.
- Set your page size to 24" x 36". This is the minimum size that we print. Therefore, when designing your poster, you are limited to either a vertical poster at 36" wide with unlimited height or a landscape poster at 36" high with unlimited width. To set your document's page size you can use the Custom Page Size guide.
- 8.5" x 11" and 11" x 17" should be directed to the campus color copiers.
- Design your poster.
- Review your poster for correct dates, typos, grammar mistakes, etc...
- Save your poster as an Adobe .pdf file. We are only able to print poster files that are Adobe .pdf files. If you send an Adobe .pub file you will be required to resend your submission.
Printing your poster:
At least 3 business days before your poster is needed: Fill out the Poster Submission Form (one form submission per poster). The computer center staff will then:
- Review the poster and determine whether the poster is considered academic or non-academic in nature
- If your poster is considered non-academic in nature you will be charged a fee of $18 per poster.
- Enter your job in the queue
- Print the poster
- Notify you when the poster is ready to be picked up
- Users must pick up their posters in the Computer Center within 5 business days - abandoned posters will be recycled.
The New Kensington Information Technology Services department is committed to the University's sustainability mission and reducing the impact printing has on our environment. Please use digital resources whenever possible.