All users of Penn State New Kensington computing facilities are required to abide by the following Information Technology policies:
University Information Technology Policies
Computer Lab Rules
- Use of any Penn State New Kensington computer requires a user ID and password.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Computer Center, computer classrooms, or computer laboratories. Please leave open drink containers outside. Violations may result in disciplinary action.
- No pornography, profanity, or obscenity is permitted on any campus computer. Violations will result in disciplinary action.
- You MUST present a current Penn State ID card or current drivers license to obtain your access account information. No exceptions
- You MUST present a current Penn State ID card to have any of your passwords reset (if you have forgotten your password). No exceptions.
- You may not install, delete, or alter any software on any of the campus computers. Violations may result in disciplinary action.
- Weekend computer lab access requires a valid Penn State ID. A driver's license will not be accepted.
- Use of campus printers is for Academic or University business only.
- Only print what is needed.
- Use double-sided printing when available.
- Take your printouts with you.
- Submit and read electronic documents when possible.
- Print at least three PowerPoint slides to a page.
- Recycle paper when possible.