Student residents of the Nittany Highlands Apartments are asked to monitor their email accounts for communication from apartment management, as well as information from the campus.
Those with questions about housing, food service, shuttle service or other needs should contact Penn State New Kensington's Interim Director of Student Affairs, Evan Ditty, at 724-334-6062 or [email protected].
Off-Campus Move-In Guidance During COVID-19
Before You Travel:
- Review these recommendations and check the Pennsylvania Department of Health website for updated guidance and restrictions before leaving home;
- Plan with roommates and landlord to stagger move-in dates and times to minimize risk of transmission;
- Pack the following items: non-surgical masks, disposable gloves, hand sanitizer, and cleaning solutions and supplies;
- Ask your landlord if they offer a no-contact processes to receive keys and check-in other items;
- Check your temperature before you leave. Individuals with a temperature of 100.4 or above, or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19, are discouraged from participating in move-in activities;
- Always wear a non-surgical mask when outside of rental unit;
- Practice social distancing - at least six feet of space between individuals;
- Minimize move-in times;
- When parking and loading:
- Do not park next to another car; stagger parking places;
- Maintain at least six feet from other parked cars/loading zones;
- Frequently disinfect commonly used surfaces and items such as handcarts;
After You Arrive:
- If you are self-isolating for fourteen days after your arrival or because you were in close contact with an infected individual, thank you for helping ensure you are keeping the community safe! Student Affairs has robust services available to help you during your self-isolation, including providing meals, dropping off groceries, and calling to check on how you are doing; and other resources. If you have questions or concerns please contact Student Affairs at 724-334-6062 or email [email protected].
- If you experience sudden onset of illness, including a high temperature, and need medical attention:
- If an emergency, call 911, or
- (Students) If not an emergency and you do not have access to your primary care provider, please call the Campus Nurse at 724-334-6066 or 724-681-3978.
For more information, visit Pennsylvania Department of Health’s website.
For the safety of our students, staff and community during this time, campus shuttle service is suspended. Please continue checking your email for upcoming communications from the campus and its Office of Student Affairs as to how to access emergency assistance and support during this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Student Affairs at 724-334-6062 or email [email protected].
Student Life and Engagement
Visit the Student Life information page to see virtual events and activities planned by the Office of Student Life.