On this page:
In-person computer lab access for the fall semester will be available. Labs have been reconfigured for social distancing and signage is visible showing where users cannot sit. Specific lab hours will be updated when information becomes available.
Penn State offers the ability for students and faculty to access computer labs remotely through WebLabs. WebLabs is an offering that provides students remote access to Penn State lab computers so that they can connect to the technology resources they need to complete coursework. This includes specialty software located on lab computers, such as programs used in engineering and other scientific disciplines. It is available to students and faculty at Penn State New Kensington. To access the resource, connect through the new Penn State WebLabs website. Students must also enroll in two-factor authentication before using WebLabs, if they have not done so already. It is highly recommended that you enroll more than one device in two-factor authentication (2FA). If you have any additional questions regarding WebLabs, please contact your local IT support.
Students will have access to designated areas on campus should they need to access a class remotely/virtually while on campus. The following spaces have been identified at the approved occupancy shown for students to use as remote learning spaces. Students will be asked to sign-in to aid in contact tracing should the need arise. The Office of Student Affairs will oversee the process and keep track of the logs in their administrative offices.
- Art Gallery (max. occupancy=approximately 20)
- Open for use 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Forum Theatre (max. occupancy=51)
- Open for use: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (exceptions: Monday 9-10:45 a.m.; Tuesday/Thursday 9-10:20 a.m.; and Friday 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Occassionally, the Theatre may also be used for co-curricular special events during Common Hour. These notices will be posted if/when this need arises.
- 135 ENGR (max. occupancy=7)
- This room will be available when campus is open for students in need of distanced,small group work space, whiteboards, etc.
Students utilizing remote learning spaces should be prepared to bring their own device, smartphone or laptop to access classes and follow these reminders:
- Have the Zoom application installed on devices
- Be sure to have a fully-charged battery in good health
- Bring earbuds/headset with a microphone
- Have a backup power bank or battery.
Don't have your own device? Visit: https://keeplearning.psu.edu/remote-learning-support.
In order to reduce traffic in the Computer Center, individuals are asked to use the virtual IT Help Desk Zoom Room as the primary support mechanism. Issues not able to be resolved remotely will be routed to in-person support staff.
Remote IT support will be available remotely through Zoom during the fall semester from 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://psu.zoom.us/j/136750291
- Telephone Dial-in Numbers:
- +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
- +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
- Meeting ID: 136 750 291
- International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/u/abtmaZaKl
Connect via ServiceNow IT Forms
- ServiceNow IT Forms are a great way to put non-urgent matters in the IT department queue.
Submit a non-urgent incident ticket at: https://pennstate.service-now.com/sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=cb14419c0f6c5380fe13f08ce1050e11
Penn State has been working to extend Wi-Fi to a portion of campus parking lots. Spaces in designated locations are to be used by campus students who prefer to access any remote/virtual classes from their cars rather than one of the on-campus remote learning space locations (Art Gallery/Theatre). Signage will indicate the designated Wi-Fi Lot areas.
The designated lot areas are only to be used when temporarily and actively accessing Wi-Fi for academic purposes. The spaces are not meant for longer-term parking. Once individuals are done accessing the Wi-Fi, they should move their car to another location to keep the space open for others to use.
Wi-Fi Lot Locations (Please note availability of each location. The University is working diligently to get all designated areas established.):
- Athletic Center Parking Lot by building entrance - Available*
- Upper Parking Lot by Enrollment Services entrance and Lion Shrine - Available*
- * Athletic Center Parking Lot by the Soccer Field - Available (Please use this as an overflow option if the other two lots would be full or unavailable)