Resources & Reminders:
- View up-to-date Class and Academic FAQs for Penn State
- Access information, resources and more for students at the University's Keep Learning site.
- Students should regularly check their Penn State email accounts and course information from instructors. Specific questions about courses should be directed to the faculty member teaching them.
- Learn more about Flexible Instructional Modes: In-Person, Mixed-Mode, Remote Synchronous and Remote Asynchronous
- Faculty may use discussion boards and virtual engagement tools to ensure you can continue working with peers and faculty. Tools like Canvas, Zoom, Office 365 (including Teams), and Kaltura will allow you to collaborate, discuss course work, and complete assignments. Your instructor will provide you with additional information.
The following information can be found on this page or at the links provided below:
- Fall 2020 Semester Schedule Overview
- Academic Advising
- Accommodations & Disability Services
- Canvas Student Guide
- Career Services
- FAQs on KeepLearning.psu.edu
- Library Access
- Remote Learning Support
- Technology & Wi-Fi Resources
- Aug. 24: Fall semester begins
- Sept. 7: Classes to be held Labor Day.
- Nov. 20: In-person instruction to end
- Nov. 21-29: Thanksgiving Holiday break
- Nov. 30-Dec. 18: Remainder of semester, including finals, delivered remotely / online.
- Dec. 18: Last day of finals; semester ends.
Learn more about Penn State’s plans for a phased return to campus.
- Students should reach out to their academic advisor via their contact information, Canvas, Starfish or noted contact method to make arrangements for remote appointments.
- Drop/Add Week is Monday, Aug. 24 - Friday, Aug. 28
- Students should see their advisor if needing to drop or add a class during this period.
- Quick Question Advising (QQA) will be held throughout the semester each Wednesday.
- 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- In-Person or via Zoom
- Penn State New Kensington Disability Services
- If you have any questions about your accommodations, please contact Lynnsey Doane, [email protected], or Stella Millburn, [email protected].
Students are able to receive career services support by making appointments through Starfish (www.starfish.psu.edu) or contacting Jim Shields, associate director of career services, at 724-334-6065 or [email protected] directly if they have questions.
Students seeking tutoring or continuation of tutoring should contact Lynnsey Doane, learning center coordinator, at 724-334-6098 or [email protected] to make to discuss needs and make arrangements for remote and virtual sessions.