What is academic coaching?
Academic Coaching can be defined as the one-on-one process of helping a student examine academic concerns and perceived barriers to success. Working with an academic coach can help you study smarter by developing skills in time management, goal setting, and test preparation.
What can I expect in my academic coaching session?
Academic coaching is designed to give you space for a conversation that will help move you forward with your goals and ambitions. Because it is focused on your needs and goals, the coaching appointment will be driven by you.
Before your first appointment, you must complete the Academic Coaching Survey. In the first appointment, your responses will be discussed.
How do I arrange a coaching appointment?
Starfish (preferred). Log in at Starfish.
- Navigate to My Services and look for New Kensington - Academic Advising
- Click on Lynnsey Doane
- On the left side, click Schedule Appointment
- Choose #7- Other to view available appointment slots for the week
- Click Show More Times at the bottom to see the rest of the week
- Choose your time and click Continue
- Click Confirm,You should receive an email confirming your appointment
Note: If you cannot make your appointment, please contact Lynnsey Doane at [email protected] or 724-334-6098 as soon as possible so that she can release the time slot.