There are many different ways for students to obtain Penn State credit. Below is a list of the different types of credit acquisition available. Click on each link for more information about each process.
- ACE College Credit Recommendation Service (formerly ACE/PONSI)
- Accredited Institutions Outside the US
- Accredited US Institutions
- Advanced Placement (AP) Program
- College-Level Exam Program (CLEP)
- Credit Acquisition for Completion of Some Foreign Secondary Schools
- Credit by Examination
- Credit by Validation
- DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
- Educational Experience in Armed Services
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- Portfolio Assessment
For additional questions, please contact Penn State New Kensington at 888-968-PAWS.