On this page:
- Student Care/Crisis Intervention Form
- Student Emergency Fund Information
- Penn State Red Folder Initiative
- Counseling Services
- What is the Student Care Form?
- The Student Care form is an online form that provides employees an opportunity to share a concern about a student’s academic progress, wellness or safety. The main purpose of the program is to be proactive in assisting students of concern and intervening early with students who appear to be having academic or health/safety issues.
- The Red Folder initiative is a guide to help faculty, staff, and others who interact with students to recognize, respond effectively to, and refer distressed students at Penn State.
For the summer sessions, students should contact the Crisis and Counseling Resource Hotline (information shown below).
Students, faculty and staff in need of counseling services, and those with regularly scheduled counseling meetings, can make arrangements for virtual appointments or discussions by reaching out to Kendra Kitko at 724-334-6744 or [email protected].
Crisis and Counseling Resource Hotlines:
Call the 24/7 Crisis Line at 1(877) 229-6400
Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line: Text "LIONS" to 741741
- Students with medical insurance are reminded that contacts for mental health resources can typically be found on the reverse side of the health insurance card.
- Additional Mental Health Resources:
- For free interactive self-help therapy, the Penn State community can also access the Penn State Well Track portal at: https://psu.welltrack.com/.