What is the id+ Card?
The Penn State id+ Card is the University's official identification card. It provides access to a variety of University resources.
What is LionCash+?
By adding funds to their id+ Card, students, faculty and staff can take advantage of using their id card as they would use cash! This free and convenient University program is called LionCash+.
How can I add LionCash+ funds to an id+ Card?
Students, parents and families can add LionCash+ funds to a Penn State id+ Card through an online system.
How can I use LionCash+ on campus?
First, you must activate and add funds to your id+ account. You can complete this simple transaction via the LionCash+ website by using a Visa, MasterCard credit or debit card. Once you add funds to your account, you can then pay for things with LionCash+. More specifically, you can:
- Pay for on-campus dining -- Visit our on-campus dining locations and swipe your id+ Card to pay for your purchases. You will save 10% on prepared items by paying with LionCash+!
- Purchase supplemental sheets for use with on-campus printers -- Once students have used all of the 110 sheets the University provides per semester, additional printer sheets must be purchased with LionCash+.
Here are some things to keep in mind regarding on-campus printing:
- Once you reach your 110 sheet allocation, you must buy sheets with your LionCash+ funds in order to print. If you don't have a positive balance in your LionCash+ account, you can add funds in order to purchase more sheets.
- You can buy more sheets, manage your sheet count, return sheets for credit, and see printing history on the User Printing Management website.
- If you had printed a job that encountered an error, you can request a printing credit online.
What can I do with an id+ Card?
- Swipe it to make purchases at on-campus dining locations (and save 10% on prepared items with LionCash+)
- Purchase additional computer lab printer sheets (by adding funds to LionCash+)
- Pay for in-person purchases at the campus bookstore (with LionCash+)
- Borrow books from the library
- Access free newspapers in the machines on campus (The New York Times, USA Today, and the Valley News Dispatch) provided by the Student Newspaper Readership Program
- Use it as a form of photo ID during voting
- Make purchases at off-campus dining locations (see list of merchants in the area)
- Link your id+ Card to your PNC Bank account (if applicable)
- Parents and families -- you can even deposit funds to your student's LionCash+ balance
Still have questions?
Visit the LionCash+ website for more information.