The G.R.E.A.T. Program is a unique learning initiative specifically for promising students of any major. The program, which is only available at this campus, provides participants with opportunities to establish innovative skills necessary for the future workforce, network with industry leaders and organizations and build professional experience.
Unlike other programs that require students to be in their third or fourth year before they seek related professional experience, the G.R.E.A.T. Program encourages students to have meaningful experiences as early as their first year at Penn State.
Students gain a competitive edge toward their future career by strengthening and building sought-after skills which business, industry, community, and non-profit partners seek in their employees: adaptability, problem-solving, creative thinking, innovation, collaboration, communication, perseverance, innovation, resilience, entrepreneurial skills, leadership and service.
Outcomes and experiences in the G.R.E.A.T. Program include:
- Networking with professionals and Penn State alumni to build beneficial connections;
- Increased comfort with interpersonal communications and interviewing;
- Site visits to employer facilities to observe and learn from professionals in the workplace;
- Participation in conferences, meetings and events to build career contacts and confidence;
- Exposure to digital technologies and robotics; and
- Increased understanding of the application of technology for problem solving in any field.
How to Apply
The G.R.E.A.T. Program Application is now open - Apply Today!
- Priority Decision Deadline: April 1, 2023, Notification by April 15, 2023
- Preferred Deadline: May 12, 2023, Notification by July 1, 2023
For additional information about the application process, please view the application guidelines here. If you have any questions about the G.R.E.A.T. Program or application process, contact [email protected].