The Penn State New Kensington Information Technology Services department welcomes you to the campus! The purpose of this page is to introduce you to the most important technology resources available to you as a Penn State student. Below you will also find a list of information technology-related tasks to complete. If you have questions regarding the steps below, please call our IT Service Desk at 724-334-6081.
Activate your Penn State Access Account
A Penn State Access Account is your digital identity. You will be assigned a unique username of three letters paired with a series of digits (for example, xyz5002). If you have trouble activating your Access Account, contact the Accounts Office at 814-865-4772.
Check your PSU and personal e-mail daily
The University will send important information to your Penn State and personal e-mail accounts. To ensure your success as a Penn State student, it is absolutely essential that you check your e-mail accounts on a daily basis.
Access your University email and calendar by visiting office.psu.edu.
Be prepared to get your PSU ID+ card at NSO
The PSU ID+ card is Penn State's official identification card that enables you to gain access to numerous University resources. In order to receive your PSU ID+ card, you must bring a valid form of Identification (valid driver's license, passport, state-issued photo ID, military ID, government-issued photo ID, high school photo ID with a Social Security Card, college ID with a Social Security Card, or a Permanent Resident Card) with you to NSO. More information on the PSU ID+ card can be found our lion cash page.
Steps which can be completed any time
Watch the “E-mail Security Awareness” Video
You will want to learn about your PSU e-mail address and how to keep it secure. Keep in mind your PSU e-mail address will be a frequent target for phishing scams. The goal of a phishing scam is to steal your valuable personal data, such as credit card numbers, passwords, account data, and other information. Be sure to read about your PSU e-mail and also watch this 2.5 minute video regarding phishing scams and how to avoid them.
Get familiar with the Penn State New Kensington Information Technology Services Website
The Penn State New Kensington Information Technology Services website can be found at http://newkensington.psu.edu/IT.
Frequently Used Information Technology Resources
- Office 365: Microsoft Office 365 empowers you to create, collaborate, and innovate through a host of email, calendaring, and premier applications that can be accessed from anywhere in the world, at any time, on any device.
- Penn State Wireless: The 'PSU' network can be connected to by most devices after you complete the setup.
- Box @ Penn State: Box at Penn State offers unlimited, secure, content-rich, and user-friendly content sharing. Box allows content to be stored online, so it can be accessed, managed, and shared from any mobile device, laptop or desktop computer.
- Microsoft Office for Students: Penn State is providing Microsoft Office to Penn State students currently enrolled in credit courses at no additional cost.
- Printing in the Labs: As a Penn State student you have 110 free sheets to print per semester.